The Y-Scholars Program is a 4-year college readiness program focused on low-income first generation college bound teens. Our goal is for every Y-Scholar to graduate high school, gain admission to a college or university, pursue a post-secondary education, and with it a brighter future. We provide a rigorous and supportive program to empower low- income teens to master skills they need to reach their full potential.
Our resources and services include:
- Personalized mentoring support
- Weekly workshops to explore college and career choices
- Daily afterschool tutoring
- Individualized college advising for seniors
- Free standardized test preparation
- Communication with parents and school staff
We are dedicated to building a learning community that practices continuous self-improvement. In doing so, we hope to coach high school students to become successful college graduates and pursue higher ambitions.
The program is free. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
For more information contact:
Audi Huang, Academic Programs Manager
José Herrera Cruz, Y Scholars Program Coordinator
(Asistencia disponible en Español)
(P) (510) 542-2130 (F) (510) 649-9885