ALBANY Y RENOVATION:
921 KAINS AVENUE
In order to complete some noisy, dusty work, the Albany Y will be closed for 3 days:
- Tuesday, October 4
- Wednesday, October 5
- Thursday, October 6
- All adult classes will be cancelled at 921 Kains and 1216 Solano.
- The Albany Y will re-open on Friday, October 7.
This FALL you will see changes in the lobby, Fitness Center and restrooms. Please stay tuned for updates. You are welcome to use the Downtown Berkeley YMCA at no extra cost.
Thank you for your patience in helping us make a better Y for you.
Albany YMCA Renovatioin:
Beginning June 6 and continuing through December, we will:
- Expand the first-floor fitness area.
- Add new fitness equipment (and new classes by early next year.
- Improve internal traffic flow, light, and ventilation.
Make the building ADA compliant to ensure access for everyone.
Pardon our dust for a while
Of course improvements like these mean some disruption. What should you expect?
- Occasional closures, starting with a building closure June 14-16.
- Reduced first floor fitness space during construction.
- Periodic changes to the group exercise class schedule.
- Rearrangement of locker rooms over the summer.
- Changes in Childwatch arrangements.
- Intermittent noise from construction equipment.
We’ll work to make it as painless as possible
Our members are always our first priority. We’ll do our best to keep classes going and fitness spaces open during construction, except when those spaces are being renovated.
In the meantime, Albany Y members will have the option to work out at the Berkeley Y anytime during construction, for no additional fee. The Downtown Berkeley address is 2001 Allston Way, at the corner of Allston Way and Milvia Avenue.
Want to know more?
We’ll post regular updates in the lobby, to our Facebook page, and on our web site at www.ymca-cba.org. And you can stop by the desk anytime or email us with specific questions or download FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).