Your Y Membership Just Got Better!
Now, with the My Y is Every Y benefit, you can workout at all YMCAs throughout Northern California.
We understand how difficult it is to find balance in your life - we want to help. Our members know that a healthy lifestyle involves so much more than just working out. That's why the Downtown Berkeley YMCA goes beyond offering high-quality exercise classes and fitness equipment and provides educational activities and programs that support the whole person - spirit, mind and body.
Your membership benefits include:
- State-of-the-art cardio and weight equipment
- Year-round access to three swimming pools
- More than 150 group exercise classes for all fitness levels
- Convenient drop-in Child Watch while you exercise
- Membership-based fees for youth programs, swim lessons and child care
- AWAY Program privileges—many of the 2,400 Ys across the country honor Y memberships
- Lap pool: 25 yards long, 7 lanes wide, 4 ft deep, 80 – 82 degrees
- Shallow pool: 30 sq ft, 3 – 3.5 ft deep, 90 – 92 degrees
- Women’s steam room and sauna
- Men’s steam room and sauna
- Free Weights Center
- Cardio Center
- All pools feature hydraulic swim lifts
- Fit Kids Center
- Strength Training Center
- Mind-Body Center
- Grace’s pool: 20 yds long, 3.5 – 7.5 ft deep, 88 – 90 degrees
- Lap pool features an on-deck stretching area and hot tub
- Adult, youth and family locker rooms
- Child Watch Center
- Group Cycling Studio
- Aerobics Studio
- Two gymnasiums
- Youth Movement Studio
When you join the Y, you’re not just a member of a fitness center; you’re part of a cause. As part of a leading national nonprofit organization, you’re coming together with men, women and children from your community who are committed to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
If you cannot afford the full cost of YMCA membership, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance. Submit the application form (available below) along with the appropriate documentation.
How to Join
Stop by to sign up! We're open 7 days a week. Come in anytime and you can begin your membership right away. You belong here!
Membership Fees and Rates
|Join Fee||Monthly Rate|
|Teen (age 14-19)||$50||$34|
|Adult* (age 20+)||$99||$64|
|Family* (Up to two adults and all dependents under 13|
living in the same household)
* Children age 13 and under are included in Adult and Family memberships as Youth members at no additional charge. For safety reasons, Youth members are not allowed in the strength training or cardio centers and may not participate in adult fitness classes.
Sr. Membership Director